FEWI & NFWI Denman Bursary Applications Open
BURSARY ALLOCATED BY FEWI
Our own FEWI Llewellyn Marriage Bursary 2019 for £300 towards the cost of the course of your choice is open to any Essex Federation member to apply for – application available in March edition of Essex WI News with a closing date of 30 September 2019
BURSARIES ALLOCATED BY DENMAN
Denman bursaries are supported by donations including donations given by or in memory of Vera Cox, Dr Ernest Walker, Jessie Burns, Joan Yeo, Claire Emery, Kathleen Mary Hughes and Olive Kenyon.
Denman First-Timer bursaries: Ten bursaries for £300 are available for a WI member attending a residential course for the first time.
Denman Carer bursaries: Five bursaries for up to £500 are available for a 2 night residential course plus care costs and travel are available for any WI member who is a full time carer.
BURSARIES DONATED BY INDIVIDUALS
Freda Barnicoat: Kindly donated by John Barnicoat in memory of his wife. Eight course bursaries for £300 are available for first time attendees on a residential course.
HOW TO APPLY FOR BURSARIES
To apply for any of the Denman bursaries detailed above, please send a short letter in support of your application to:
Karen Hodge, Denman, Marcham, OXON, OX13 6NW or email it to her at firstname.lastname@example.org
In your letter or email please give the following details:
- Your full name, contact details, WI and Federation
- The name of the bursary you would like to apply for
- How you would benefit from attending the course
- Whether you have received a bursary from Denman in the past
- The number and title of the course you would like to attend if your application for a bursary is successful plus a second and third choice
- Any accommodation or dietary needs, should your application be successful.
The closing date for applications is Friday 16 August 2019. Successful applicants will be contacted in writing by Friday 30 August 2019.
Regrettably it will not be possible to notify unsuccessful applicants.
- All bursaries awarded must be used on residential courses taking place between 1 October 2019 and the end of September 2020
- For WI individual members only
- Only one bursary may be applied for per individual
- A bursary cannot be awarded to anyone who has been awarded a Denman bursary in the past three yearsDenman Bursaries are open to WI members only, for residential open courses and cannot be applied to a course arranged via a federation or a small group booking
- Denman Bursaries cannot be applied to courses already booked.
# Carer costs will be paid after the course attendance upon a receipt or invoice.
Denman now taking bookings online!
Denman College is the WIs own Residential Adult Education College near Oxford and was named after the first National Federation Chairman, Lady Denman. It is a graceful Georgian house, set in 17 acres of beautiful grounds. Most of the money needed to buy, develop and maintain the College over the years has been raised by the WI. The rich variety of courses last for 2, 3 or 4 days.
Most bedrooms are lovingly maintained by the various County and Island Federations, which gives a unique feel to each room. The bedrooms are either single, single en-suite or twin and three bedded rooms for friends who like to share. The elegant public rooms give everyone the welcome chance to relax and make friends.
Subject to space, groups of 10 students or more may apply to make a block booking for customised courses. A small group booking attracts a discounted price.
If you are interested in staying at the College for either bed and breakfast, private study or as a base to explore the area you will be most welcome.
To apply for any of the above, please telephone: 01865 391991